Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Reflections of 2008

As we all know, 2008 is wrapping up and we are falling fast for 2009. Over the past few days I have been thinking about some of the things that have happened in my life this year.

At this time last year, I was sure that 2007 was the worst year of my life. I still believe that and hopefully, I will not ever have a year to contend with 2007 for the Worst Year award. Due, in part, to spill over from 2007's disasters, 2008 has been a rough year also. Looking back, I think that I had things and people in my life that I depended on and routines that I was too comfortable with and when those things were not there anymore, I did not handle the changes well. Because of my inabilities to adapt, the adjustments were harder than they had to be.

However, I made it through with some dignity, anyway. Sometimes I feel like I am fighting and clawing my way each step, but at least I still have claws to gain traction with. People always come out on the other side of whatever tragedy or darkness they go through, but I am a firm believer that it is your condition when you reach the other side that matters. Mine is a total mental battle and I am nowhere near a tragedy, but this is the worst time I have had, therefore, to me, if not to anyone else, it has been a big deal. I feel that 2007 was the bottom of the hill. I spent 2008 going up the hill and I expect 2009 to be holding fast at the top and not going over the other side.

Not everything is grim, I have made some improvements this year and I am looking forward to holding strong on those improvements into 2009. I have dropped a couple of bad habits and picked up a couple of good ones. No doubt, I need to do more of the same and I will get around to it.

This is one of those entries where it is meant more for me than for you so please look over me, yet again, dear readers. Take some time to reflect on your own year. I hope it has been a good one for you.

DISCLAIMER: I make no promises that this will be the only blog related to 2008, the New Year, good/bad, reflections or any related material. But, you already knew that, right? I mean, you're the one reading the neurotic blog of an inexperienced manic/depressive chick!

No comments: