Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hair Cut Blues? Maybe.

Yesterday's call to work actually ended up being a false alarm. So, I left my first job and went to get my haircut. When I walked in I told my fabulous hairdresser that she could either just trim my hair and be done with it or she could do something drastic.

Let me tell ya, I am extremely picky about my hair. I always have been. All my life it has been the only thing I have like about myself so when I get a bad haircut it is a big deal. For me to tell Hair Lady that she has free will over my hair was a huge deal!

Understandably, she did not want the responsibility of my new look. Therefore, she suggested cutting some bangs. I have not even contemplated bangs since I was 6 years old. but, I must have been in some mood yesterday because I let her do it.

I went home and washed, blow dried and straightened my hair and.... (drum roll please!)

I can't decide if I like them or not. I have swept them to the side so I don't look like a stuffy old Liberian or a 6 year old. They are not horrible but I know it can't be good because no one, not a single person, not even my husband has commented on my hair cut at all. That's how you know that it is not good. Maybe it just needs a couple of days to loosen up or something. Cross your fingers for me!

Oh yeah, after the hair cut, I went to the pet store to pick up the dog and fish food. I went to the store closest to my house because I had a gift card (yes, a gift card to the pet store... is this weird to anyone else?!) I got my stuff together and wavered on spending the entire gift card on a $50 doggy bed. I pulled out the card to see if it was worth $25 or $30 and how much in addition I would pay toward the $50 and realized that the gift card was to a different store!

Why do all these names sound the same? Petco/Petsmart? Someone needs to be original and name a pet store Animal Kingdom or something!

Today, I believe I will try to go to the correct store and by a $50 doggy bed!

No comments: