Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dessert!

We are having a dessert contest at one of my jobs. I love to eat dessert, but I am not a baker. Cooking in general is not something that I am the best at. I love to do it when I have time and for special occasions, but desserts are not my specialty by a long shot. I can, however, follow a recipe quit well so I asked around for ideas and here are a few of the recipes I got:

Charlie Brown Cake - By Ruth Dean
First Layer: 1 3/4 c flour
3/4 c nuts (pecans or walnuts)
3/4 c oleo, room temp

Blend mixture and put into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 min. Then cool


Second Layer: 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 c Cool Whip

Whip cream cheese & sugar together. Add Cool Whip. Spread over 1st layer

Third Layer: 2 pkgs instant chocolate pudding
3 c milk

Mix pudding with milk. Pour over cream cheese layer

Fourth Layer: Spread Cool Whip over top and sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate overnight!


Saucepan Brownies - By Candi Brown

1c Butter 1c cocoa 3c sugar 6 eggs 1 1/2 vanilla
2 1/4c flour 2 1/4c flour 3/4t salt 1 1/2 chopped nuts

Place butter and cocoa over low heat in 4qt saucepan. Milt, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in, in this order: Sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and nuts

Pour into greased and floured 10 x 15 1/2 x 1 pan and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes

Cool and cut into squares or bars


Fresh Fruit Dip - By Jackie Hallen

1 16oz cream cheese
1 small jar of whipped marshmallow

Mix ingredients together. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, if preferred. Dip strawberries, bananas, and apples or any other fruit


All of these look like really yummy recipes. I went from not having a good recipe to enter with, to having too many to choose from! That's OK though. I love it. I will make all of these at some point with so many functions going on between now and New Years!

If anybody has any good dessert recipes, feel free to hand them over!

No comments: