Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fall From Grace

I ran yesterday! I only ran around the block at home, not at the park therefore, I only went 2 miles, AND I didn't run the whole way. Yeah, no kidding. I am so out of it. It really took a lot for me to go out too because when I got home my husband had made roasted lamb with fresh green beans. YummM! On top of that, he asked me twice, "Are you sure you want to go run?" Do you know how hard that is??? Oh well. It was not great, but I did it. I wonder if I will get back into things either after the first of the year or this spring. I really hope so.

I have the same little sob story for my strength training. I can't remember the last time I did strength training. I weighed myself yesterday and realized that over the holiday season I have actually only gained maybe 5lbs, but my body looks the same as it did when I weighed 25lbs heavier because I have not done strength training. I bet that with the inches packed onto my waist and thighs I am probably still an extra large at Victoria's Secret, which if you remember right, that is what prompted me to do all of the fitness stuff to begin with. I was sad and depressed and was going to buy myself something to make me feel better, but the yoga pants I wanted depressed me even more because according to the waist size chart, I needed the biggest size they offered.

What is the point of doing all this if I am going to have the same body? I am way far off from the half marathon that I wanted to do so that is not a benefit right now. I don't look good for the New Year's party so there is no motivation there. I don't look better than any of my friends and my husband doesn't think I am the best thing since sliced bread.

But, no matter. I am going to keep going at it. Hopefully, my motivation will return full force with all the talk of New Year's resolutions and the bikini season coming up. If not, I will keep doing maintenance stuff sporadically to at least keep my weight under control. One day it will come back.

And one day I will go a full day without eating chocolate. (No, it still has not happened!)

1 comment:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Go a full day without eating chocolate? ARE YOU INSANE!??!?!

:)

Hang in there. Nothing good ever came easy. Nothing easy is ever that good.

Most folks don't know what they want, but you do. If they do know, they don't know how to get it, but you do. So go get it.

I used to sit there and tell myself I would do ANYTHING to be thin again. Would I work hard every day and cut back on my calories and stop eating junk? Until I said 'yes', then I really wasn't that serious about doing "anything".

You sound serious. You sound like you have fight in you. So fight for what you want. Go get it!