Sunday, December 14, 2008

Anita Baker

I spent a good part of the weekend trying to make cake pops made popular by bakerella. I stole the idea from Crystal Chick, who did a great job on them. But, she does a great job at pretty much everything.

At least 5 hours over the course of 2 days, 6 trips between the grocery store, Michael's and Hobby Lobby and about $30 worth of supplies, and I determined to leave the cake pops up to Bakerella and Crystal Chick. Here is a picture of what I ended up with...




I don't know what in the world possessed me to do this! I am not a baker or a cook of any kind. These are the cutest things when you find someone who knows how to pull it off and they are delish! It doesn't seem hard. My problem was getting the melted candy on the balls. If you try this, send me some feedback on how you did it.

Other things I did this weekend...

  • Went to the mall 4 times, but only went in twice (I was unable to find a parking spot the other times)
  • Tried on men's underwear in the middle of Macy's
  • Tested out my calf muscles on a new trail at Shelby Farms. Turns out I was not quite ready to run. Sorry for wasting your time, Kayla! That was the worst 4 miles I can remember
  • Found my brother-in-law a pretty pimp pajama set for the New Year's Eve party
  • Hung out with my larger than life friend, Heckmat
  • Researched the band Kings of Leon and found that I really like them!

Right now I am getting ready to go to the Christmas party for my part time job. Hopefully, I will win an IPod or some kind of MP3 player because my NotPod keeps telling me there is an internal error. Damn it! I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: