Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Break Up Letter

This is very hard for me to write. I have known this was coming for a long time and I feel that I have worked very hard to avoid this. But, I don't feel that my efforts have been reciprocated. It hurts me beyond belief to have to end this relationship. I have suffered break ups in the past but those were not like this is going to be. In past relationships, I had only given pieces of my heart away and in this relationship, I foolishly gave my whole heart away. We had a great weekend together and for that I am grateful. I think we were able to hold things in for appearances sake and I don't think anyone knew this was coming. To explain to everyone how I feel I am posting this letter to make it easier for everybody to understand.


You and I were best friends for so long before we were serious, which is what makes this ten times harder than any other. I have come to realize that my dependence on you has been detrimental to my mental and physical health. I was once a much stronger person before you came along and swept me off my feet. In these last few months you may have noticed me pulling away from you emotionally. I have tried to cover it up so that you have not noticed, but I know you are smarter than that.

Over the years, I have come to feel like I can't make it through the day without having your sweet kiss. But, that kiss is not good for me. People have warned me for years that you would eventually cause me heartache, but you are so sweet to me that I didn't listen. I thought we could make it through anything together.

We have had so many great memories together. It will be hard to go through the upcoming holidays and birthdays without you, but I really feel this is for the best. I will never forget that you have always been there for me. In good times we celebrated together. In the bad times you were there for me to lean on. Even on a Saturday afternoon when I just needed a friend, I knew I could always count on you. I have counted on you too much lately though.

I am doing this just as much for me as I am for you. It is not fair for me to use you all the time like this. I hate knowing that I can use you to satisfy my needs and then throw you away, empty. I should not be that kind of person.

As I write this letter, you can probably hear the tears welling up in my eyes. I know that you have a charming, although dark side which always lures me in, but I pray that you take it easy on me this time.

I can no longer look forward to going home to find you waiting there. As a matter of fact, I must ask you to move out of the house entirely. This is MY house and I know I said I would make this as easy as possible, but I must insist that you leave. The sooner the better, because the pain of knowing what is coming is almost unbearable..

I do hope that one day you and I can at least be friends again one day. I thought we would always be together. I can't see spending the rest of my life without you but right now I don't see another way. I know that our paths will cross again when we are both stronger and can have a relationship conducive to both of us.

Until then, when I see you in public, I will ignore you and I would appreciate it if you respect me enough not to call out to me either. It hurts too much right now for me to be civil - even in public. I have always loved you and always will.

Please remember me always......


My love affair with chocolate is over. This is going to be a messy split so any support you can give me is very much appreciated. I am working hard to meet certain goals and I feel that chocolate is standing in my way. I can't let it hold me back anymore. From this day forward I am trying to kick my biggest weakness. The irresistible call of dark chocolate is what I think will be the hardest. Therefore, if I am cranky or irritable please bear with me.

No comments: