Monday, September 22, 2008

Memphis Turkey Trot

Me: Want to do the Turkey Trot this
year?

Steph: What's a Turkey Trot?

Me: A 5k on Thanksgiving morning. You get a free
t-shirt and a pumpkin pie!

Steph: Oh yeah! I'm there! How do we register?

Me: Go to http://memphisturkeytrot.racesonline.com/
Oh, sorry it is 4 miles... that still OK? If you don't want to do 4 miles we can
do the Turkey Leg Relay, which is shorter.

Steph: Hell no! It's worth the extra mile for the
pie!

Me: Yep, then we can go home and eat turkey &
dressing and choco cake. I love choco cake!


That's right. I am obligated to another run. That keeps me obligated through the end of the year. Maybe I will take January off! I am glad because I get do frustrated sometimes. I went running Friday afternoon and I could not make it to the end of the street. I ended up going out to eat with friends instead of exercising. Then, Saturday, I ate anything and everything. I told my husband that I thought I was done with it all. Seemed like I had lost my wind and the appeal was gone.

But Sunday at work we had a "team building" scavenger hunt on the car lot. Everybody was running from one end of the lot to the other trying to find the right cars and everybody was so out of breath. But not me! My team lost, but still. I didn't die and I didn't feel like I needed to go home. It got my blood flowing!

Sunday night when we came home, I went running while he cooked dinner. I ran 3 miles without stopping. I walked some and then ran again. I walked some on the last (4th) mile but not much. I was so proud of myself! The last 3 times I went running really really sucked and then I run farther than I ever have without walking in between.

If I can stay motivated for the next few months I will feel like I made a lifestyle change rather than just on a diet or something that I was not able to stick with.


Oh yeah, and anyone who wants to do the Memphis Turkey Trot with us let me know! You can click the link above to find out more about it. Whoo Hoo!

No comments: