Monday, September 29, 2008

Do you Care?

Saturday was one of the most frustrating days that I have had since I started selling cars. It seems like all the customers I had were dead ends. There were a couple of kids that just wanted to walk around and play in cars. I had a couple of customers who asked immediately if you have to have money down to buy a car. Just an FYI - that is usually a clue that someone can not get financed. The last customer of the day that I had was a couple who needed a hatch back car so they could haul some type of papers. (I know, huh? People have some of the weirdest reasons for buying cars. My husband had a customer once that had to have a standard transmission because people wouldn't car jack you then. (How does the person know if it is a stick or automatic before they jack you? Also, whose to say a car jacker won't know how to drive a stick??) Anyways. After that day, I needed a drink... But then, when do I ever not need a drink?

Saturday night we went to play pool with my brother-in-law and a few friends. I have not really hung out with my brother-in-law and one of the other guys in a while because they hang out with someone that I am trying to stay away from. I have to say that it was a but awkward for a minute.

In my effort to make casual conversation, I think I made one of the guys mad. He works at Starbucks and I made the comment that I have never been to Starbucks. I don't drink coffee. I realize that they sell other stuff besides coffee, but Starbucks is not even on my radar when I am looking for something to eat or drink. I don't eat fast food that often anymore anyway. About 10 minutes after having a conversation about Starbucks and how much he looovvveeesss it and I have never even been there, we had a conversation that went like this...


Me: "So, what is your favorite thing at Starbucks?"
Him: "Do you care?"
Me: "I am sorry, I was just trying to make conversation. Never mind."
Him: "Well, it isn't like you are gonna go there."
Me: "Sure you are right. Never mind."
Him: "Well, why do you care?"
Me: "Just making conversation. Just drop it. I am going to get another beer. Do you want one?"


Well, you get the point. Another awkward conversation with someone that I was very close to at one time. I should learn to just keep my mouth shut and not speak to these people unless they speak to me first. To be honest, I don't really give a shit what his favorite thing at Starbucks is. He is a funny guy and I like hanging out with him, so I thought I would make conversation. I didn't expect the attitude. I won't make that mistake again!

No comments: