Monday, November 10, 2008

Naievty

I read an article that stated that a study was done that says people who are romantically involved with each other are less likely to detect a lie from each other. (Sorry - I clicked off the story and can't find it again in order to insert the link).

A year ago - maybe less than a year ago, I would have told you that I know my husband like no one else and I would have bet you that I could tell when he is/was lying. HOWEVER, in the last few months, I bet I could not tell you if he lying about whether or not he is wearing underwear today.

Reading this article brought some things to the front of my mind. I have questioned some things between me and my husband lately so to read an article that says the closer you are to a person the less you are able to tell if they are lying really makes me question how naive I might be.

How does someone know if they are naive? Obviously, you know after the fact, but you know what they say about hindsight. I mean, by definition, you don't know when you are being naive, right?

It makes me really uneasy to have the thoughts going through my head the last few months. I guess there is no way to soften the blow if something is going on. You just have to keep going until whatever happens, happens.

No comments: