Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tread Lightly

I will be the first to tell you that I am not a matchmaker. I don't really care who is in bed with who as long as my husband is in bed with me! I wouldn't want to set someone up because I don't want one person or the other calling me to find out what she/he said about them and God forbid it doesn't work out, then, I would be in the middle of two of my friends fighting and it would be all my fault.

That being said.... Yes, you knew it was coming. My cheeks are blushing and I am rolling my eyes. For a while now I have thought that 2 of my friends would make the best couple. Last year, the girl told me that she had a huge crush on the guy! Whoo hoo!

The problem has been that the guy was dating another girl for almost a year. This was a girl that no one outside our circle of friends knew before and, to be honest, she was obviously not right for him. When I heard that they broke up, I called him up! Hopefully, I was discreet in going about it, but I got him interested and he sent her a message on Myspace. (Yes, both parties have myspace and Yes, we are talking about grown ups! I know, save your remarks on that!)

This is just in the beginning stages, but so far everything is going good. Please, please, please cross your fingers for me because if this blows up I am going to be sooo mad at myself!

P.S. I don't recommend setting up friends to anybody for any reason! Oh no, this is not a good thing!

No comments: