Monday, June 22, 2009

Zoo Heat

In my last post, I mentioned that I had family coming. I wanted to be in good shape for this mini reunion. Well, that was this past weekend and I was not in the shape I wanted to be in, but I am getting used to that. I don't know if I have fallen into a trend of not being realistic or if I am just not working hard enough. I am aware that I am not putting as much effort into it.

No matter my physical shape, we had a good time. This was Mr. Man's weekend off from work so he smoked a pork roast so we could have lunch with everyone before going to the zoo. While it was 1000 degrees outside, we still had a great time walking around the million mile zoo. The Memphis Zoo has been listed as the highest rated zoo in America by the 2008 Cultural Attraction Benchmark, which sounds really hoity toity, but it really is a cool zoo. And it is HUGE. Even more HUGE when it is 1000 degrees outside. After walking around the zoo for 4 hours in the hottest part of the day, we went home and took a shower, then took a nap!

This weekend also consisted of me frying chicken for a house full of hippies, forgot my car at someone else's house and ordered the parts to fix my pool after our storm the other night. But, those are all other stories. I hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy Father's Day (for all the Dads!)

No comments: