Tuesday, March 10, 2009

After Being Away So Long...

I have been such a slacker on my running for the past couple of months. My excuse, however lame it is, is that it has been cold/rainy/snowy outside. I really hate cold weather and I really tried all winter to ignore the cold and push through it, but I am just not that strong! About 30 degrees is about as cold as I can go. Even that is pushing it because I don't like suffocating in my sweatshirts and freezing on my arms! I can never get enough layers on my arms...

In the process of playing dodge ball with the weather I got really unmotivated. I have been so extremely tired lately and I am pretty sure it is because I am not much more active than a rock. We went to Las Vegas on vacation and I felt like a failure because I was a little puffy and un-energetic. One of the reasons I got into all this stuff is because I wanted to be less self conscious about myself in these situations.

Yesterday I hit the pavement! The husband was at work and I was off so I had about 4 hours by myself. I used that time to try and get back on track. I have to tell you that it was awesome! I am so out of practice that I could not run to long at a time without stopping, so that part was not awesome. But, the wind was blowing just a little and it was kind of overcast outside and it was just perfect! Sweat built up on the back of my neck (That is really TMI, unless you feel the way I do about running!) and my legs had more of a purpose than just getting me from place to place.

I can't believe I have taken this much time off. I miss this. I have heard people say that they feel better when they exercise, but now I understand what that means. I have felt like crap for a while now but I thought it was depression and me getting sick. I have not wanted to go out and do anything or clean my house and my sales have been down. My only problem now is trying to get my endurance back up there so that I have the motivation to stick with it.

I only ran for about 30 minutes, but when I got home I was able to finish my laundry and cook dinner and clean the house (yes, I have been that lazy!). Now, if I can lay off the chocolate, I might be worth something! But, one step at a time.

No comments: