Wednesday, March 25, 2009

5-0

Either something is wrong with my car or the police are stalking someone with a car similar to mine. There could be other explanations for 2 and 3 police cars stalking me at a time, but after racking my brain I can't really think of anything else.

For example, this morning I was sitting in the McDonald's drive thru and a cop car appeared in my rear view mirror. Then, he came around me getting so close to my car I thought I would have to have it repainted. He kind of poked his head forward (sort of like a chicken pecking. You've seen people do this before, right?) and got a good look at me. I guess I was not what he was looking for because he radioed something to someone; possibly to the cop behind him. (Is radioed a real word? It doesn't look right. Wonder if the spell check will pick it up. I hear it all the time on TV cop shows, so it must be real, right?). Maybe Back-Up Cop didn't believe First Cop because he also took a paint sample from my car, did the chicken pecking motion and continued on.

Normally, I would just think that they were nosy officers who decided to pass on their McCafe treats, but yesterday afternoon, leaving work there was a similar situation. Our office is at the end of an office cove. The cove actually has an outlet in the 'circle' portion of the cove as well as the 'straight away' portion. When I left work I noticed a police officer sitting in the end of the cove in his car. This is not a cove that is conducive to speed traps so there was not an obvious reason for a policeman to sit there. I got in my car and pulled out of our parking lot and Mr. Cop speeds up behind, to read my plates?? (Couldn't he do that when my car was in the lot?) He did not pull me over, but he seemed to be waiting for me because he backed off before I got to the end of the street and turned and went out of the cove the other direction.

If anybody can shed some light on what might be happening, please let me know! Is this something I should be concerned about? I know I have no choice but to continue on until I am mistakenly thrown out of the car and pushed to the ground.... or not. Maybe it is not that crucial, but this is strange, right?

It makes me think of the old Sabotage video from Beastie Boys. That was their best video ever!

No comments: