Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Skinny on Things

For about 4 or 5 months now I have been trying to loose weight - I know, what 20+ woman isn't trying to loose weight. I am more so trying to be in better shape. I think most people would look at me and say that I am thin and I have been that way my whole life. My mom and my nanny are/were both thin also. I really want to tone my body and have more endurance. Of course I want defined abs as well as toned arms. Those are the two areas I really want to work on. I started out doing really well. I started walk/jogging in the evenings or at lunch and I was eating really well. I was also kind of depressed and didn't want to do anything else though. It was not hot outside at lunch time so I would walk/jog at lunch or I would go when I got home from work. But, now it is way to hot to attempt something like that. Besides that I work from 8:00 to 4:30 at one job and have to be at the second job at 6:00. I don't want to seem like I am using my second job as an excuse. I know that I don't need the job and it was my decision to get it, etc. but the reality is that I am obligated to go. Plus, I do like the job. I have tried countless mornings to get up an hour earlier and go running but I just can't do it. I get up, reset the alarm and go back to sleep. I wish I could do it! Maybe I am not a morning person for real. I guess I just have to keep trying. I hope that Chuck doesn't start yelling at me about my alarm going off twice that early in the morning!
On another note, I am loving my job at the dealership. I am still in training, but I still think I will like it a lot. I was worried about being tired at one job or another but really I am not tired. The dealership is so much different than my day job that it doesn't feel like I am working therefore, at this point I am not getting burned out as fast as I thought I might. I am, however, sleepy all the time. I think this is from my lack of caffeine after a lifetime of dependency on Dr. Pepper and sweet tea. Hopefully, it will even out soon because I HATE being sleepy! I am fine with being tired, but I can't function on sleepy.
For now, I will just keep going until it doesn't work anymore. When something goes crashing then I will re-arrange!

No comments: