Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

I am in a much better mood today than I was on Friday. My weekend did not start off very well but it did get better. Friday my husband, my brother-in-law and a friend who isn't so much of a friend anymore went out to eat. I was soooo tired. I wanted to stay on the couch and sleep, but, I sucked it up and went. It was awkward just because of the "not friend." It is difficult when you are so close to somebody for so long that all of your friends and family are close to the person too. Then, if your relationship with the person grows apart you are left there with everyone around you still talking to that person. It makes things so uncomfortable for me. I don't know how to act or what to say. I handled it like a very mature 2 year old! Maybe it was because I was so sleepy and maybe I wanted a reaction out of her, but I sulked through dinner. When I did talk I made sure not to respond to something she said or to look directly at her, even though she sat directly across from me! Then, when we got back to my house everybody else went outside to play with the dogs and I stayed inside & laid on the couch. Like I said, maybe I just wanted to be a child about the situation.
I was hoping to start my training for my 2nd job this weekend but the human resources lady never called me to schedule it. That left me with nothing better to do on Saturday but sleep until 3pm, which I can't ever remember doing. Even when I was younger I wasn't a big sleeper. But, Saturday I could not wake up. Saturday night it was still awkward between me and my husband so I finally tried to talk to him about it. He basically told me I was crazy and then he went to bed. It took me days to work up the courage to talk to him about this and in less than 5 minutes he was done with the conversation. On a good note though, we got up Sunday morning and things were kind of back to normal. So, I guess I got what I wanted without having to go into a bunch of crying (I did cry a lot Saturday night just not while talking to him!). So, in the end, can I really complain? I guess not. I hope that everything keeps up this way. It feels more like it used to. If I can actually start my training today then maybe this week will start off pretty good!

No comments: